ISSN : 2288-1484(Online)
DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2023.25.1.007
The Status of 3D Printing Industry and Researches on Exposure to Hazards When Using Metal Materials
In South Korea, there were 406 3D printing-related businesses, employing 2,365 workers, and the market size was estimated at 455.9 billion won in 2021. Globally, the average growth rate of the 3D printing industry market over the past 10 years was 27.4%, and the market size was estimated at $11.8 billion in 2019. The United States had the highest cumulative installation ratio of industrial 3D printers, followed by China, Japan, Germany, and South Korea. A total of 6,168 patents related to 3D printing were registered in the US between 2010 and 2019.
Harmful factors during metal 3D printing was mainly evaluated in the powder bed fusion and direct energy deposition printing types, and there is a case of material extrusion type with metal additive filaments. The number, mass, size distribution, and chemical composition of particles were mainly evaluated. Particle concentration increases during the opening of the chamber or post-processing. However, operating the 3D printer in a ventilated chamber can reduce particle concentration to the background level.
In order to have a safe and healthy environment for 3D printing, it is necessary to accumulate and apply knowledge through various studies.
3D프린팅 산업 및 금속소재 사용시 유해인자 노출 연구 현황
1. 서 론
2. 연구대상 및 방법
2.1 3D프린팅 산업현황
2.2 금속 3D프린팅 유해인자 연구현황
3. 연구결과 및 고찰
3.1 3D프린팅 산업현황
3.1.1 국내 관계법령 등
3.1.2 국내 현황
3.1.3 국외 현황
3.2 금속 3D프린팅 유해인자 연구현황
-  J. H. Park, H. J. Jeon, Y. S. Oh, K. H. Park, C. S. Yoon(2018), “Understanding three- dimensional printing technology, evaluation, and control of hazardous exposure agents.” J. Korean Society of Occupational and Environment Hygiene, 28(3): 241-256.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)(2012), “International. Subcommittee F42. 91 on Terminology.” Standard terminology for additive manufacturing technologies.
-  A. B. Stefaniak, A. R. Johnson, S. D. Preez, D. R. Hammond, J. R. Wells, J. E. Ham, R. F. LeBouf, K. W. Menchaca, S. B. Martin, M. G. Duling, L. N. Bowers, A. K. Knepp, F. C. Su, D. J. Beer, J. L. Plessis(2019), “Evaluation of emissions and exposures at workplaces using desktop 3-dimensional printers.” J. Chemical Health & Safety, March/April:19-30.
-  A. B. Stefaniak, S. D. Preez, J. L. Plessis(2021), “Additive manufacturing for occupational hygiene: A comprehensive review of processes, emissions, & exposures.” J. Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev., 1-50.
-  H. P. N. Nagarajan, S. Panicker, H. Mokhtarian, E. Coatanea, K. R. Haapala(2020), “Improving worker health and safety in wire arc additive manufacturing: A graph-based approach.” Procedia CIRP, 90:461-466.
-  J. I. Arrizubieta, O. Ukar, M. Ostolaza, A. Mugica (2020), “Study of the environmental implications of using metal powder in additive manufacturing and its handling.” Metals, 10:261.
-  G. A. Roth, C. L. Geraci, A. Stefaniak, V. Murashov, J. Howard(2019), “Potential occupational hazards of additive manufacturing.” J Occup Env Hyg, 16(5):321-328.
-  M. Sousa, P. Arezes, F. Silva(2019), “Nanomaterials exposure as an occupational risk in metal additive manufacturing.” J Physics: Conf. Series, 1323:012013.
-  R. Chen, H. Yin, I. S. Cole, S. Shen, X. Zhou, Y. Wang, S. Tang(2020), “Exposure, assessment and health hazards of particulate matter in metal additive manufacturing: A review.” Chemosphere, 259:127 452.
-  F. L. Filon, M. Mauro, G. Adami, M. Bovenzi, M. Crosera(2015), “Nanoparticles skin absorption: New aspects for a safety profile evaluation.” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, 72(2):310-322.
-  A. A. Taylor, E. L. Freeman, M. J. C. Ploeg(2021), “Regulatory developments and their impacts to the nano-industry: A case study for nano-additives in 3D printing.” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 207:111458.
-  Ministry of Science and ICT(2017a), Threedimensional printing industry promotion act.
-  Ministry of Science and ICT(2019), Enforcement decree of the three- dimensional printing industry promotion act.
-  Ministry of Science and ICT(2017b), Implementing rules of the three- dimensional printing industry promotion act.
-  Human Resources Development Service of Korea, Available from: http://q-net.or.kr/man001.do?&gSite=Q&gld
-  Private Qualifications Information, Available from:http://pgi.or.kr/indexMain.do
-  Ministry of Science and ICT, National IT Industry Promotion Agency(2016-2021), Survey on 3D printing industry.
-  Wohlers Associates(2018), Wohlers report 3D printing and additive manufacturing state of the industry Annual worldwide progress report.
-  Wohlers Associates(2020), Wohlers report 3D printing and additive manufacturing global state of the industry.
-  M. N. Azzougagh, F. X. Keller, E. Cabrol, M. Cici J. Pourchez(2021), “Occupational exposure during metal additive manufacturing: A case study of laser powder bed fusion of aluminum alloy.” J Occup Env Hyg, 74:1-14.
-  E. Alberts, M. Ballentine, E. Barnes, A. Kennedy(2021), “Impact of metal additives on particle emission profiles from a fused filament fabrication 3D printer.” Atmospheric Environment, 244:1-10.
-  A. Noskov, T. K. Ervik, I. Tsivilskiy, A. Gilmutdinov, Y. Thomassen(2020), “Characterization of ultrafine particles emitted during laser-based additive manufacturing of metal parts.” Scientific Reports, 10:20989.
-  A. C. O. Jensen, H. Harboe, A. Brostrom, K. A. Jensen, A. S. Fonseca(2020), “Nanoparticle exposure and workplace measurements during processes related to 3D printing of a metal object.” Frontiers in Public Health, 8:608718.
-  S. Bau, D. Rousset, R. Payet, F. X. Keller(2019), “Characterizing particle emissions from a direct energy deposition additive manufacturing process and associated occupational exposure to airborne particles.” J Occup Env Hyg, 17:59-72.
-  S. A. Ljunggren, H. Karlsson, B. Stahlbom, B. Krapi, L. Fornander, L. E. Karlsson, B. Bergstrom, E. Nordenberg, T. K. Ervik, P. Graff(2019), “Biomonitoring of metal exposure during additive manufacturing(3D printing).” Safety and Health at Work, 10:518-526.
-  S. A. Ljunggren, L. J. Ward, P. Graff, A. Persson, M. L. Lind, H. Karlsson(2021), “Metal additive manufacturing and possible clinical markers for the monitoring of exposure-related health effects.” Plos One, 16(3):e0218601.
-  Ministry of Science and ICT(2022), Safety usage guideline for 3D printer. Available from: http://msit.go.kr/bbs/view.do?sCode=user&bbsSeqNo=96&nttSeqNo=3179581
The Korean Society of Safety ManagementWaste Society
- Tel: +82.31.336.2844
- Fax: +82.31.336.2845
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org